paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: LAW

In Reply to: LAW posted by Spike2200 on December 28, 2003 at 01:37:59:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 03, 2004 at 17:15:49

Send me an E mail at

www.ddupont@charter.net

I have some picture files HOW to modify the Rain Bird sprinkler valve internally. Manual pneumatic trigger. No solenoid or batteries.

It currently generates a 220 fps Nerf (many field's Nerf Chrono Limit) out of a 30 inch barrel at a operating pressure of 150 psi which is the max the valve is rated for. A longer barrel would generate considerably more velocity or operate at lower pressures and generate the same velocity. I wanted the compact, lightweight version. 30 inch barrel is handy since mine is a muzzle loader.

However, I JUST got in my new ORBIT sprinkler valve.

I have seen one generate a 260 fps Nerf out of a 18 inch barrel using only 100 psi. VERY Impressive! Very compact and fairly light.
A 'folded' LAW could be a 24" long item on your back. Otherwise in the 36"-40" range in a 'traditional' straight configuration.

The second BONUS is that the guy said he had done NO modifications to the valve. Just did the plumbing and gassed it up.

The third BONUS is that it comes with a manual trigger which is what he used.

If you WANT a remote trigger like for a tank cannon or just LIKE to worry about batteries, all you have to do is wire the 24 Volt AC solenoid to three - 9 volt batteries in series (27 volts) and rig that though a momentary switch of your choice.

If the batteries run down you can still fire it manually. Your choice.

Well, I am about a day away from actually gassing it up and chronoing a Nerf or two at different pressures and barrel lengths.

http://www.orbitonline.com/catalogs/images/2002%20Turf%20Catalog.pdf

The 200 Series on page 17 of the on line catalog.
I got the 1 inch pipe thread without the Flow control.

You might want to notice the anti siphon valves. I have seen "folded" LAWS made with these valves but no first hand experience. Saves a lot of plumbing and fittings that might cause potential leaks or breaks.

I also just got a solenoid activated diverter valve rates for 250 psi. Don't think it will actually have enough flow to shoot the mass of a Nerf but I am going to give it a try with an alterative projectile. It is twice the mass of a paintball. Twice the diameter and made to be shot out of an air gun. It is ROUND and would lend itself to an autoloader or quick loader out of a tublar magazine. The surface is 'fuzzy' and holds a great deal of dry plumber's chalk. They would leave a nice Puff of Chaulk Smoke when I fire it but it will also mark a tank kill plate very well.

When I get done I hope to have a quick reload, 10 shot magazine built onto a marker mounted anti tank weapon with a 20' - 30' range to hit a 18" x 18" kill plate. Hopefully it will add no more than about 3-4 pounds to my marker since it will use my cockers pressure regulator and air supply.

Right now my RPG is an Ultralight. 12 pounds including a full 20 Oz CO2 tank or 68 ci x 3000 psi steel Nitro tank.

9 pounds is in a back pack and the remaining 3 pounds consists of the hose leading to the barrel and trigger grip. The hose hangs around my neck when not using it. A little awkward but a LOT less awkward than a strap hung around my neck holding a 5 foot long LAW weighing 12 pound or more.

The BIG Weight savings are using fire extinguisher bodies for the Air Resevour. Rated 300 psi or higher depending. Plenty for our 150 psi application and super light. And they are FREE.... The hard part is getting the plumbing hooked up. A little tricky and takes access to a 1/2" pipe thread TAP and a Drill for the hole.

Let me know any interest along these lines. Have Pictures how to do it.

E mail me for your wants and needs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.