paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Half Truths Defined

In Reply to: Fact checking posted by Julius_Tank on January 10, 2004 at 10:10:22:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Perry "_One_Shot_" Singleton
on January 12, 2004 at 14:48:50

The half truth I spoke about was this line from your post,"But the rules were changed just prior to game time, and the reffing was stacked against us."

First, game rules were not changed prior to the game. As stated in an earlier post, game specifics are different than general rules of play. I don't see a need to explain the difference again. Secondly, the statement that the reffing was stacked againest you was proved to be bogus. I gave you several examples of how the Germans were given breaks. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to comprehend. Lastly, I admitted that the added diminsion of the fuel dump seemed like a good idea, but in practice it didn't work. I said that the very day it happen. The proof is in the pudding: It was scraped after the first segment. It is also on tape with Geruilla Pictures. When asked in my interview if there was something I would do different, I replied, " I would not have included the fuel dump as part of the game specifics." What more do you want me to do? And yet, you chose to post about it. I ignored your comment at first not after I saw your camp slam us on another post. I was offended because we try very hard to put on a good game for our players: All of them. In fact, I got an email from one of the Germans who said he had the best time ever playing on our field. He also said that we even made it fun to loose. Now, what better compliment could we have gotten? I'll bet money he isn't a regular member in the German camp. Enough said!

For those that are curios about what field we are talking about, it is Battle Creek Paintball. Our web site is www.battlecreekpaintball.com We held the final game in the WWII Tour of Duty Series: Battle for Berlin. Now, let me ask you the player which rules would you like to play by? Here are the rules that most games in the series had: http://woodlandwarriors.com/scenario_rules.html Here are the general rules used for our big games: http://battlecreekpaintball.com/details/biggamerules.htm Unless you like to play without posted rules, I guarantee you would prefer ours. They are not elaborate as scenario rules that deal with a more complicated game. Instead, our games are more of a hybrid of the two. I think that most players are not like me and prefer the complicated thinking game that the scenario game provides verus the bang bang shootem up of a mentallity of a big game. Therefore, I have taken the best elements of both and combined them giving the player the best game possible. We have had some wonderful reviews and our games continue to grow. The only major complaints we have gotten about our games came from the losers. The only exception was about the paint which came from both sides during the Battle for Berlin. But that was not our fault. Bill Bailey, the series producer, required us to use Worr paint as a condition of doing the game at our field. I recently even went to him personnally (not on a public forum)and said that we I didn't mind selling his paint on our field but we had to give the players a choice. The other stimulation was that we would use our general rules. They have don't have any. Take a look for yourself. There are some requirements for special weapons but nothing else defined. Ours are 8 pages long which mainly define basic paintball rules. How could you argue for such a loosely defined format?

There are only two explainations that I can think of. It has been my experience as well as with other promoters that I have talked that the losing team is always complaining. What does that tell you? Secondly, you refuse to accept the facts because .......well I think I'll save this discussion for a rec talk post on Oklahoma D-Day. Yes, more will be forthcoming since the German camp has decided to make this a public discussion. Let's see if the pen can be mightier than the sword.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.