paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Fact checking

In Reply to: The Whole Truth posted by Perry Singleton on January 09, 2004 at 15:05:04:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Julius_Tank

on January 10, 2004 at 10:10:22

Perry - What I wrote about was the RULE, not the field (I didn't even name the field). My main point, something that was directed to fellow tankers who travel considerable distances, was that "This rule took our tank's ability to move completely out of our hands."

Just wanted to warn other traveling tankers to look out for this rule - not to suggest that anybody should avoid playing paintball at your field (which is very cool, by the way).

You asked, "What is the difference if both teams play by the same rules?"

There's a big difference - if a tank is owned by a field that has such a rule, or if a tank only plays at this one field, for THOSE tanks I said, "this rule is probably less annoying." Those tankers haven't invested as much time and money, so they haven't lost much if they keep getting told by refs to pull over and park.

We are used to minor rule changes at the briefing before the game. But this rule changes the game for tankers in A VERY SIGNIFICANT way: it doesn't matter what WE do, it's up to the infantry whether we can drive around the field or not! We drove 8 hours to get to your field (and 8 hours back). We go to games planning to use our OWN skill to keep us rolling.

But it was the infantry's inability to hold our fuel dump that determined we'd be driving for under 2 hours that day. If we wanted to plant ourselves in a bunker for most of a game, we wouldn't go to the expense of bringing our tank to use as one!

As I said, "We only planned to play on Saturday because of the long distance we had to travel. But we figure we can usually count on 6-8 hours of tanking time. For less than 2 hours, it's not worth the time and money!"

If you keep this rule, we won't be back.

I said "it was a good field and if it were more 'visiting-tank friendly,' we'd go back."

We won't go to any other field if we find out they have this rule (but none of the other tankers who posted replies to my original post had ever encountered it, so hopefully nobody else will use this rule.)

As for the refs not stopping the opposing team's tank early in the game (when our guys held their fuel dump), I said in my post that you "did correct that problem, when it was pointed out." The refs who pulled US over at first told us we couldn't move OR shoot - that was eventually corrected to we could shoot but not move. (This also suggests that such rules are too complex for even many refs to retain - another point to consider, but the complexity wasn't the point of my original post.)

We still feel that given the time and money tankers put in, "if a field wants visiting tanks, they need to guarantee there will be no last minute tank rule changes unless all the tankers agree."

What part of my post did you consider to be "half-truths"? As for bad-mouthing another of your events on another forum, another member of the tank team (I'm not the one who posted it) made a bad joke to the effect of "our tank will be there ... NOT!" OK, it wasn't nice but it wasn't full out trashing the event or the field.

For the record, the field is very cool. The fuel dump rule is bad for visiting tankers.

~Maniac, driver of the Julius

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.