paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: 98 Custom - 2 weird issues

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Chiltepe on April 02, 2002 at 22:04:03:

In Reply to: 98 Custom - 2 weird issues posted by Jason on April 02, 2002 at 20:07:15:

Very possible that the spring in the sight is missing, but you can still tighten the screw to prevent that from happening. We have 2 98C's and we both tighten this screw so that it won't depress by accident when we play.

If the tank leakes when it is off the gun, then you have a valve problem, dirt in it or something, and it has nothing to do with the 98.

: I just picked up a used Model 98 custom, and I test-fired it in my backyard.

: I noticed 2 issues with the gun, though. First, when I attached the elbow, I immediately pivoted the front sight upward to lock it in place. But the recoil from 4 or 5 shots would unlock the elbow, and it would fall to the side, leaking paintballs.

: I fixed this with some cloth tape, but I think that looks kind of stupid. Am I missing something about the way this thing is supposed to lock down?

: Also, the second time after removing the CO2 tank from the gun, the valve on the (9 oz) tank didn't seal all the way, and all the CO2 leaked out. Is this supposed to happen? If so, why did it not happen the first time I disconnected? If not, how do I keep it from leaking again? (I tried reconnecting and disconnecting, but that didn't cause the leak to stop.

: The gun itself shot realtively straight. I am pleased overall.

: Thanks in advance for any feedback,

: Jason

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.