paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Looking for advice with my first gun please

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Figment on May 28, 2002 at 15:01:06:

In Reply to: Looking for advice with my first gun please posted by Jinks on May 13, 2002 at 05:38:25:

I am happy with mi big shot, who cares if it noisy. Amount of noise the gun makes does not affect the out come of a game. The only benefit to a quiet barrel is if you plan on “snipping”, only if you play woods ball. The big shot works better on a LP system, due to the placement of the porting, IMO
I agree, a good nitro setup is better that spending the money on a regulator, I got my tank for $70, and I am happy with it. If you keep playing more than likely you will go to nitro in the long run anyway.
First off tippmanns are nowhere near compact, especially with a 12” barrel. I don’t like remotes because they get in my way and the marker feels un-balanced, but is all what you like. I have a psyco ballistics drop-forward and it allows me to tuck pretty tight.
If you plan on play more rec then the tippman is a good choice, but for tourney I would find something else in your price range.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.