paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Looking for advice with my first gun please

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Jinks on May 13, 2002 at 05:38:25:

Probably some silly questions but I'm new to this and would appreciate any advice :)I'm looking to get a 98 custom as my first gun and need clarification on some simple first upgrades.

I understand the barrel is the first thing to get and after reading reviews it will either be the Lapco Bigshot or the J&J Ceramic. The lapco seems to get the better reviews, although it is criticized for being noisy, so it'll probably be that one.

I'll be running normal co2 and understand expansion chambers don't work that well so I'd like to eventually get a regulator like the WGP Ergo. I understand the Palmer stabilizer is very good but it is a little out of my price range.

Also, I'd like to keep the gun fairly compact so would I be better off with a drop forward for the tank or foregoing the regulator and running a smaller tank from a vertical adaptor for the gun?

Thanks in advance for any advice. If there are some far better recommendations from what I've suggested could they be kept within the same sort of price range (my wife will kill me otherwise).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.