paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
WTK: How does bolt on M98C reciprocate?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Head_Tomcat on June 11, 2002 at 12:04:19:

I was looking at my son's M98C this weekend to help him clean it and was also seeing how it operates. Overall, very nice design and also good machine work on the bolt and sear. Those steel locating pins should allow it to operate for years with normal use.

But..

I did not understand how the bolt is driven back to the rear in order to reset itself for the next shot. Does the gas valve divert a small amount of CO2 backwards against the bolt face so it is blown backwards and then stops against the sear?

Finally, I chrono'd the M98C on my Oehler 35P chronograph (I am a gunsmith and firearms writer) and the marker was pretty consistent. Over 10 shots the high was 282fps and the low was 275fps on a fresh 120z tank.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

The Tomcat

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.