paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: 98custom upgrades

In Reply to: Re: 98custom upgrades posted by teardrop on January 14, 2003 at 18:59:08:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
gregh
on June 09, 2003 at 02:44:43

Couple of comments I have a 98 custom with double trigger, boomstick(14"), exp chamber and it is loud and inaccurate(compared to my sons autococker). I ahve spotted the sniper with the 98 and flatline barrel many times before he sees me. Unless I sit and wait until he is close(mostly impossible as others are also firing on me and i need to hold them off) I am a deadman. He can just get the distance and accuracy I can not get. The balls come in a little slower so I can duck them if he is the only threat but if you are taking fire with from multiple locations and can't concenr=trate on the sniper with the flatline you are toast. It gets distance and is very accurate at distance, so saying is waste of money is wrong. The scope I agree with is a waste. The biggest problem I have with my 98C is noise as it is a calling card when you start popping it off. There is a very good sniper playing with me that has a gun as quiet or quieter that my sons tricked out autococker. He is running a 98C with a remote system a sniper barrel and a rear cocking system. That thing is quiet(he also has an autococker but chooases to runn the 98C over it) you can not tell where or if he is firing and it is extremely accurate( I have been hit through slats in bunkers and enough head shots to testify that. I need to find the closed bilt system he is running and buy it to quiet my gun down. This however is taking into0 account an open spacious field if this is in a smll area where stealth does not matter ignore as a quiet gun does not amtter as much.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.