paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Depends on how you like to play.

In Reply to: the number one question on this page posted by moosecustome on June 05, 2003 at 10:45:30:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
D-ROCK

on June 14, 2003 at 04:12:21

The beauty of the 98 is all the upgrades you can get for it. So the upgrades you get should be based on how you like to play.

If you like speed, speed ball, or a high ROF (rate of fire):

Responce trigger $100 will give the gun a full auto effect. If you get this you should also get an electric hopper which will cost another $50-100.

You could also get the ebolt system, but that costs more than the gun itself ($240) and doesn't provide that much of an advantage over the RT setup.

Double trigger ($40), for those that think that two fingers are better than one.

If you like to snipe:

NEW BARREL!!! One of the best things you can get, in my opinion, is the jj ceramic barrel ($40). It's cheap, acurate, and self cleans better than any other barrel. You could also go with the higher end barrels like the freak kit.

Expansion chamber, not sure how much it costs, but I'd be willing to be it's under $100. This is great for helping even out co2 pressure. Or you could go with a HPA system. The tank will probibly run you at minimum $100. If you get the HPA you can also go all out and get the Low Pressure kit.

Red dot sight. I'd recomend the adico red dot ($30), but pretty much anything would work. I found a daisy air rifle red dot sight for $20 and it works fine.

If you like range:
Flatline barrel. If you get it setup right, it's a huge advantage over everything else. If not it sucks. Also, if it's dirty it sucks. If you use cheap paint it sucks and it break balls. (it doesn't break nearly as many as people say, but it does happen if you use budget ammo.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.