paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

None of the above!!

In Reply to: expansion chamber, anti siphon, or regulator posted by petrong1186 on September 11, 2003 at 17:26:36:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Jason "Zippy" Finnie

on September 15, 2003 at 14:59:41

: the winter is just around the corner and i like to play all year round(my friends think i am crazy). i was wondering for winter play to keep liquid CO2 from going into the internials, should i get an expansion chamber, anti siphon, or regulator, and what make and model should i get.

: thank you in advance
: dan

@@@ Dan,

In the winter play the liquid CO2, due to the cold temperatures, will more readily remain in the liquid state in your tank, hence there will be more liquid in the tank than gas during the colder months. You will want to get an actual SIPHON TANK for winter play. The liquid will not easily expand into gas during the winter, so trying to keep liquid out of your gun will only starve it of gas pressure. A siphon tank is made to draw from and shoot liquid. All Tippmanns are made to handle a SIPHON TANK just fine.

I have owned and shot every Tippmann, from the SL-68 special, Pro AM, Pro Lite, Pro Carbine, and '98, and they all shoot excellent in the winter with a SIPHON TANK.

The only thing that will work far superior for cold weather play is an HPA tank, a 48/3000 preset, Crossfire for example, will cost around $90, and will shoot like beads on a string all year round. Spend $90 to $100 bucks on a preset HPA tank. You'll save yourself money and get superior performance rather than buying all that useless gear you mentioned earlier.

Follow Ups:
  • OR Clayphoto 18:00:00 09/15/03 (0)

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.