paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Your turn to help me. I'm baffeled...

In Reply to: Re: Your turn to help me. I'm baffeled... posted by BodyByHostess on February 03, 2003 at 16:11:47:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on February 05, 2003 at 12:47:13

Yes I agree...

: It sounds to me like your valve is fully open (including duration) with your current setup. If that's true, then switching to a heavier hammer spring will only keep the valve open longer than necessary.

That is why adding the heavier spring to increase valve open duration HAD no effect on velocity....

: That being said, it's possible that with your current configuration the valve is open too long.

Too Long just costs you shot efficiency by passing regulator air reful through the open valve long after the ball is gone..

: I'd try using the light hammer spring, but going to a heavier valve spring and see what that does.

My orginal set up was a lighter hammer spring.

The goal is a lower operating pressure..

A lighter spring would acomplish that how and why?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.