paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: About the chips.

In Reply to: About the chips. posted by Dale on August 04, 2003 at 16:56:45:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Corey "Geek1246" Post

on August 05, 2003 at 11:08:01

: There are NUMEROUS ways to control the pneumatics and valves in the E markers. Even just the add on grips. They just control the On time and the Off time of the solenoid that operates on the sear.

: My first HOME MADE one use a 56 cent 556 dual timer chip. Either full auto or semi. No bursts.

: My second home made one used a Programmable chip. This had switchable burst modes, etc.

: The computer code determines the program. The LINE CODE could be Proprietary but NOT the chip! You can buy them anywhere for any application.

: Change one character of code or add a dummy line and you get around any copyrighted or propretary program code. Even the Angel guys can buy the interface and program their own "custom" modes. They don't charge THEM royalities to change the programming.

: Those chips cost $7 - $12 and can also turn on and control the LCD displays and handle the button inputs you are ALL familiar with seeing.

: One could have a custom made proprietary chip with imbedded programming. THEN they could sell it to anyone they wanted to buy it for THEIR manufacturing purposes. They are inexpensive as well if you order a minimum of 500,000 units at a time.

: That is why most of the chips used are the programmable ones. Just plain cheap to produce.

:
: So I doubt (but have NO way of knowing for sure) that they are sueing over royalities or chip patents. Maybe line code and that would be REAL iffy. We are talking about 30 lines of code that ANYBODY could write that knew the programming language. Like trying to sue somebody for using the alphabet because you used it FIRST!

: Common Domain stuff..

I guess I am confused. Not about the concept that you are talking about. I am a computer programmer/analst and you are correct. Making one is not that big of deal. Although I have never done it myself, I am sure that I could. What I am confused about is how does this deal with the original post? Not trying to flame, just wonder what the point is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.