paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Ok Some more thoughts

In Reply to: Re: Front end and LP? posted by Gotin_Drachenhart on July 26, 2003 at 18:12:05:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on August 07, 2003 at 19:29:03

: Well, it wasn't so much a matter of how the front end kit would be a boon to performance as to wether or not a newer one would affect it at _all_.

In my minority opinion all you need to consider changing in the front end is a shorter stroke 3 way.

I like my stock setup just fine actually, though I did get an ANS adjustable front reg as adjusting both stock regs on the 'cocker is a nightmare IMO. Seeing as I don't have my own chrono and hogging the field's is rather rude when you sit there all day long just to time your marker or sweet spot it.

Most field chronos don't get touched in the afternoon. Everyone has already checked in and chronoed for the day. Just tinkers like you or people with problems. You can share.

: Anyways, was just wondering if anyone had made a kit with higher flow rates in mind or perhaps one that sips air or something. Or even one on ball bearings or some other low friction application : )

: My cocker has it's fair share of stock parts. Save for the two regulators, valve, barrel, hammer and springs, everything else is stock.

: The front end kit was just a passing thought : )

: Honestly, the next part I'll likely get is a swing trigger of some kind. And I'll eventually get around to installing a Lightning bolt too, maybe a straight cocking rod or something, but I see the custom rods and back plates as just frills actually.

I'd might like to talk you out of a swing trigger too. I have a benchmark grip with a Besale roller sear. Total travel is 0.125". About 30 ounces of resistance which is VERY light and I can rip with it because my finger is traveling a lot less distance compared to a finger pulling a swing.

Not to say it didn't take some time to get used to it so I COULD rip it. Used it about two years now and very comfortable. Interestingly I had it torn down for a project and wound up playing a scenerio game with a stock spyder. People wanted to know my spyder mods because of my rate of fire. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Is your stock grip metal or composite plastic?
Both will accept a roller sear.

If plastic, you will want SOMETHING in a new grip soon.

BUT you can get the metal grips with a trigger assembly for about $20 just about anywhere because of so many people upgrading their grips with swings etc.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.