paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

I bet he wants to know how to hook it up too.

In Reply to: 1995 Cocker problems/suggestions posted by Cecil on October 28, 2003 at 10:42:03:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on October 28, 2003 at 17:26:12

Some options are:

Borrow a shutter or like HP spyder that has a guage. Screw the reg into the bottom line and gas it up and read the guage. It will read the lowest setting of the two regulators because yours is upstream of that one and Spyders don't run much less than 600 psi unless they installed a LP valve and spring set.

I stuck a guage in the hose output of a blown out remote ASA fitting. Handy for just this type of task.

The plug in the bottom of the front block is the SAME thread as the guages for the 98 + markers. Very likely but I don't know for sure that it would be the same 1/8 npt thread. You can screw the guage right into that hole IF the diameter of the guage isn't too large and have interference clearing the reg. On my 98 a Smart Parts mini guage fits fine.... About $15. I just left it in there. Well protected from dings and bangs.

You could use a Larger diameter guage but you would have to install a 90 degree fitting. To install the fitting, you MIGHT have to remove the reg/ASA receiver to screw it in OR remove the whole front block if it won't clear the ASA . But then you could use an easier to read gauge and read it from the side.

Now you know the front block plug is notorious for being impossible to remove and the ASA removal requires a 12 ? point socket.

So don't paint yourself into a corner on this one but it IS a way to permanently install a guage.

Then you can buy a bottomline and just screw the guage in where the hose would connect.

Get the right range of guage. I would recommend 0-1200 psi even though a 0-600 would work fine for a cocker unless you do what I did and screw the adjustment for the reg in the wrong direction and then watch the guage spin around twice and cease to work.... Whoops! Back for another guage.

There ya go. All the fudges I know about.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.