paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: 1995 Cocker problems/suggestions

In Reply to: 1995 Cocker problems/suggestions posted by Cecil on October 28, 2003 at 10:42:03:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Vampyr

on October 29, 2003 at 20:18:48

I'd bet that 400 PSI is low for a '95 Up through '97 they really were setup stock to run about 800 PSI or so (Bottle fed, un regged). THe '98 was the first year of the reg comming stock, and the internals were slightly different to deal with lower pressure. It's not till you get to the 2Ks that they really were set up to run sub 400 from the factory.
To top it off, it sounds like an O-ring died in the reg. To freeze up things as soon as you gas up means you have one heck of a bad leak. try cocking the gun before gas up to rule out WGP changing the springs and causing the valve to stay open on initial gas up to get it down to their suggested 400 PSI.
At any rate find and kill that leak. IIRC Palmer is extremely good about standing behind their products. Check their warrentee. It may be lifetime. If you wind up replacing it I'd recomend either a WGP or the AKA sidewinder, following in third place by the Palmer Stabilizer.

I find a guage to be less than optimum. Start with the reg turned way low and the adjuster flush with the body. Slowly turn the pressure up and check the velocity until the velocity just starts to drop again. You can monkey around that area for awhile, but right at that spot you will get your best gas efficiency and consistancy in velocity. Now if your velocity is not lower than about 50 or so FPS under field legal (I tend to shoot 285 though our field is 300FPS) just adjust your velocity adjuster to get it where you want it. If it is way too low, or over 300, you really should repring the gun. A lighter main or stiffer valve spring will decrease velocity, the other way around will increase it. Usually you want the softest main you can get away with and one step stronger valve spring.

: Hi,

: I have a 1995 Autococker I bought new. I upgraded the gun with a bench mark expansion chamber, Palmer regulator, bottom line, 20 oz co2 tank, lightened the trigger, put in a spring kit, and added a proline barrel.

: I used it for about a half a case of paint, and then due to a back injury I had to hang up my gun.

: Last year I sent the gun to WGP to have it serviced. I got it back and went to a scenario game in Feb 03. I didn't make it over the chrono until it froze up. I contacted WGP and was told to get an anti-siphon tank. I did.

: The next game in June 03 at the chrono I was shooting 312fps, in a senior moment (I'm 50years old, ouch) I dialed the reg down instead of the velosity adjuster. I realized my mistake and tried to readjust the reg. Only to have it freeze up, and not shoot.

: I ended up renting a gun again. In my garage I've tried to adj the reg up and down, however the gun starts leaking as soon as CO2 is hooked up, then the front block freezes.

: WGP says I should be running 400psi at the reg, where do I check this? Does anyone have any suggestions other then sending the gun back to WGP?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.