paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: 98 Body machining mods for LP internals....

In Reply to: 98 Body machining mods for LP internals.... posted by Dale on December 15, 2003 at 15:28:28:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Vampyr

on December 18, 2003 at 21:43:29

Knowing that you tend to be a Low ROF type of person, you shouldn't need to add holes to the ASA for flow, but it may still help. Most of your air charge should come out of the front block because a reg really can't respond fast enough to get proper flow. The 2K+ front block banjo bolt has much larger ports to allow air from the rest of the front block to flow. (Maybe adding ASA holes would help, think about how much regged air supply sits above the piston on a WGP reg....) The 2K+ also has larger bore towards the valve, but it still necks down right before the valve to provide a seat for the valve spring. If you want to get down sub 200 you really want to run with a rocket valve. This will allow you to bore that restriction out, because the rocket does not require a seat for a standard valve spring, but if you do it, you are stuck with a rocket. I think it was Okiecocker that reported 175 PSI by doing that.

http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/autococker/
has a cutaway photo that really illustrates the restriction there and gives an idea where the body can be opened up.

: Please only knowledgable people that have had this done or vendors that actually do these modifications need to respond.

: I would also entertain some price quotes here or on my E mail. Ballpark or exact.

: My goal is NOT efficiency.

: My goal is NOT rate of fire.

: My goal is Quiet Operation for my very specialized sniper cocker set up.

: Yes, they will still hear me. I only expect an 'edge' on the field of play.

: Thus the lower the operating pressure, the better to reduce the muzzle report.

: I know, full well, of the performance trade offs I will experience with efficiency and max rates of fire... Also understand the effects of proper barrel selection for this application...

: My sniper cocker body is a 98. A project, specialized use marker. It has the pre 99, small internals and just won't run below 300 psi even with a LP valve and spring set.

: To get lower, it has to be near or exceed 2K2 specs internally.

: A low 200 psi would be nice, A sub 200 psi marker would be ideal.

:
: Someone tell me if they have actually handled a functioning, sub 150 psi cocker... And exactly how it was done. Otherwise I have a broken guage that perpetually reads 125 psi too......

: THE QUESTION:

: I guess my basic problem is that I don't understand the internal configuration and workings of the cockers. Where the air goes and flows between the inline reg and the valve body. Particularly around and through the front block assembly and attaching hollow,ported bolt.

: Putting additional total volume behind the valve has had no effect. The port size leading from the valve is fixed along with the matching bolt ports.

: Where exactly then is the 'restriction' in flow rates or volume internally.

: I was told the front block hole has to be bored out for more flow and volume, the front block replaced, and the screw that attaches the front block replaced to match threads but also to have larger ports and diameter for increased FLOW rates at lower operating pressures...

: This is where I get lost and I don't feel like tearing the whole thing apart just to find out - maybe....

: Help me out here guy and gals.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.