paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Alaska weather and chopping problems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
smokejumper
on January 08, 2004 at 01:56:10

No I don't play during the winter. It's -30 F. But I do play during the summer months and the temps. Fluctuate a bit. The problems I'm having are mostly temperature related. I am forced to tune my vengeance my self because there are no qualified air smiths with autococker experience in Fairbanks. Using Ravi's infosheet I can get it shooting great, but it soon develops problems as the sun goes down and it gets colder.

My question related to temperature is: Since there are no paintball places in Fairbanks that fill hpa/nitro tanks is there a economical way for me and a couple buddies to do it our selves? Right now we have our own CO2 fill station and get our tank filled at the local welding supply store. I'd switch in a heartbeat if I could figure out how to get my tank filled.

The other problem I've had is ball chopping. I've gone through the steps and timed the gun, but I must be missing something. The gun is still chopping and I think the problem is related to the blowback I'm getting out of the paintball feed tube when firing. I have chopping problems, as I get low on paint balls. There isn't enough weight to prevent the balls from hesitating or blowing back up the tube. I know there's a simple and logical solution to this problem, but I'm not getting it. Please help!

-Gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.