paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

A couple of things IMHO...

In Reply to: Re: autococker upgrades posted by curt_nav_as on January 14, 2004 at 08:58:35:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
BodyByHostess

on January 14, 2004 at 12:16:41

: ~~ Ok thank you for the responses, let me clear some stuff up first, I play speedball, rec, and a little woodland. I wouldn't mind to go electric, but i wouldn't mind just a shorter trigger pull. Is there anyway to shorten that, my gun doesn't have a trigger stop as far as i know (unless it's internal). Also The main reason I would like to upgrade the frontblock, 3-way, and ram is mainly air efficeny and a better shot. I shoot evil, and blaze paint and run a Freak 14' on my gun. Hope that can narrow the responses. thank you

First off, nice choice on the Freak. Having a barrel system where you can match the bore to the paint is a good thing :)

As far as the pneumatics go, replacing these will do nothing noticable to increase efficiency or improve your ROF or accuracy. What you might gain by replacing these parts...an externally adjustable LP reg & possibly a slightly smoother trigger pull. Again, the stock LP reg is more cumbersome to set, but once it's set it should not require frequent adjusting. One reason owners of adjustable LP regs reset them each time they play is that they are more prone to being inadvertantly un-adjusted (especially when the marker is not pressurized).

As far as the trigger pull goes, I'm not 100% sure, but assuming you have a WGP hinge on your 03, I believe that if you take the grips off, you'll see a hole in the front part of the frame that the grips cover. That should gove you access to a set screw that limits the range of motion of your sear. This limits your trigger travel. Set this to shorten the length of your pull. After limiting the pull you will probably need to adjust the actuating point and lug height so your gun cycles in the middle of your shorter pull.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.