paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

NEW YORK CUP WAS A FRAUD

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
mike "esse" maisonet
on July 13, 2003 at 22:44:43

We attended this event and to be honest, it was a total fraud. They advertised many perks to attract teams and made it look like this was going to be the event of the year. We signed up because we thought that it was going to have a X-BALL field, guess what no X-ball field. They advertised a car and truck show, guess what? No show. BMX show, guess what? No show. Everything that was advertised was not there! To have 72 teams play on one field smaller than Skyball was a joke. My team was not the only team who walked away dissatified. There were MANY others who walked away feeling raped! Captain's meeting was to be held at 1:00 pm, captain's meeting was held at 6:30 pm and we began playing at 7 pm. Then we played the tourney with construction lights that did not work very well. It made the field very dark in the back so you could not see the back players at all. Ten refs, what ten refs? And the refs that were there were unexperience. One of my guys got called out 5 times for spray. It was so bad that one team who made the finals was told they didn't make the cut so they packed up and left here the team did make the finals and was not there to play. What a joke! This event was a disgrace to paintball. I cannot understand why big sponsors, such as Draxxus, PB2X, Freeflow, Tippman, AFLAC, ADT, Empire and Hooters would even support an event that was so poorly and unprofessionally run. I have participated in MANY tournaments over the year and must say this is the worst event I have ever attended. For those of you who attended the PSP Chicago Open imagine the location MINUS ALL but one field. One field, no vendors, nothing! Those who promoted the New York Cup mislead alot of teams. The best looking thing about this whole thing was the website which was full of lies!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.