paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

do u think this will work?

In Reply to: Get out your check book posted by Michael on July 08, 2003 at 10:14:50:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
dude "Windwalker" x
on July 10, 2003 at 21:28:17

i was thinking of using 6 inch long door hinges and using the joints of the hinges to be used with the driving sprocket i dont know what type of wheel i should use? i was thinking of using a bike of large gokart wheel and cutting out little U's so it would act like a chain running through the sprocket(-u-)sorta like that if u know waht i mean. and im thinking of using to galf kart motors and setting up 3-4 alternator
s and hocking them up to one virtical lawn mower engine and use them as a generator for the motors. and i wanted to set up some batteries for an extra boost or drop in power. that way there will allways be power. but they wont be able to go that fast so that sucks.im still unsure on what type of diferentail i should use.
if i could use an gas engine that would be better for speed and power :). and i think angle iron would have to be replaced because it would bend eventualy. i did in the junkyard wars show. i dont know the episode but the team that use tracks on the vehicle use angle iron for the treads and it bent flat.i think if i use door hinges i could "instead of just bolts" use the rubber door bumpers (the round bowl shaped ones) and bolt the hinges togeather with the bumpers.

i dunno tell me what u think?

: : do u mean to use the rear differential.

: Yep, that's exactly what I mean.

: : and i want to build this thing form gokart parts so i need to know what type of differential?

: Find a lawnmower junk yard. When I built mine, I found two old identical lawnmowers and bought them both for $50.00. I used both rear ends, rebuilt one of the motors and used the tires (plus a few) to build my 10 wheeled, duel transaxel monster. The one I used had the transmission built into it as well, so I have 3 forward and 1 reverse gear. Just remember to pick one with a cast iron case. If you get an aluminum one you'll be replacing it regularly.

: : and canu give me any ideas on how to make some tracks?

: First you gotta remember that tracks and high speed don't mix. That's not a huge problem since most fields will limit you to 5 mph. 2nd, remember that your tracks will be under huge amounts of stress and strain. If you don't have the proper undercarage, you'll break your tracks when going over simple bumps and logs. The track must be supported in multiple places to stay in one piece. Your track will want to come off when turning, so make sure there is lots of strength to resist side forces too. I was going to build tracks for mine when I started, but decided it was just too expensive. I was going to use two strands of large roller chain (bicycle chain on steroids)for each track with angle iron welded across them for the treads. Each strand of the chain would be driven by a standard sprocket, and the cariers would be sprockets too.

: Use your imagination. There is a half track that I have seen utilizing 2 snowmobile tracks in the back. Or, maybe you can go to a tractor junk yard and find something useful. Check out the old combines. Their internal workings are filled with very strong conveyers and sprockets.

: My recomendation is to start with something a little less ambitious unless you are very confident with your abilities.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.