paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

In my Quest for a Valve..

In Reply to: Solenoid Valve help posted by Jon LeValley on July 12, 2003 at 21:25:38:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on July 13, 2003 at 08:39:40

They don't make high pressure pneumatic solenoid valves that can handle over 275 psi. Searched for weeks. The ported HP valves have flow rates WAY too small to be of use to our applications.

Slide valves, diverter valves etc would extrude the sealing O rings at higher pressures and A O ring sealed solenoid valves start leaking over 275 psi.

You will find hydralic valves rated much higher but remember. Even though the casing is rated for say 5000 psi, the Oil that leaks past the O rings is recovered in a closed system and recycled. We can do that with a Law.

If you find one, let me know. MY goal was to have a marker mounted RPG weighing less than 5 pounds. Given the 14" barrel for the RPG, I would have to run very high pressures and have an extremely FAST opening valve. About ready to build an oversized Spyder Valve and Hammer.

But for the Rain Bird Mods, I have some pictures posted at:

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=79764436

I am in the process of taking and posting more.
I am also writing up instructions to go with the pictures. E mail me and I'll send you the incomplete draft and you can be my editor. Deal?

I went with a 30 inch barrel and put everything but the barrel and trigger in a Book backpack. Ran a remote hose from the back pack to the RPG.

Used Two Fire Extinguisher Tanks for the air resevior. Much Lighter than PVC.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.