paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Glass indoors?

In Reply to: Re: Suggestions for a First time builder posted by T.J. on July 29, 2003 at 00:39:17:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Tack

on July 29, 2003 at 12:36:53

You prefer to work indoors with fiberglass? ooof thats alot of vaccuming, I do all my work outside, in the shade. I bring it inside to dry, I did it in my basement a few times for small projects and I was vaccuming for weeks, my masks were were geting soaked in sweat and were killing me in the heat, and the fibers were still visibly floating aroud in the room for hours. If you at least had a garage door open or something youd be able to vent alot of that fiber out of the room, especialy for sanding. Or you could make a tent around it with cheap plastic disposable drop cloth.

It is great stuff though, if you used strong enough glass you could probably make turrets just of glass that would be strong enough to take a nerf hit safely right? Wooden frame inside, make the glass to fit a mold with a release agent, sand and layer it a bunch of times, that would do wonders for making the tank lighter, plywood is prety heavy when you keep pileing it on.

With the write up on your site, was he reccomending using fiberglass over a wooden shell or just fiberglass? That would be prety cool if it was just glass, nice a light, easy to hold a good coat of primer, paint, and clear coat.... Would probably echo a bit when shot with paintballs lol.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.