paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

M-79 snap gun like C02 cannon link/plans anyone?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dave _Tackleberry_

on August 03, 2003 at 20:05:57

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ive been trying to hunt down plans for a paintball cannon that snaps open like a M-79. Im planning on making something light and small, that runs off a 12 gram. Id like to have it the size of the blooper gun, and especialy load like one. I dont know how Id make the thing open up like that safely using common pvc parts. I really dont want to end up with a 4 foot piece of muzzle loaded pvc on top of a M14 stock, id like to have it the right size and style, within reason of course.

Any ideas? I saw alternative paintball used to have them, but it looks like they folded up, dont know why but my first guess would be it was insurace/lawyer related wich seems to be everyones problem, and for good reason.

Ive seen the BECC and BECC Jr on Pukin dogs site, I like it but dont understand how exactly they made the pvc pipes fit inside each other like that, anything involving a lathe or lots of sand paper would weaken the pvc and lower the PSI capacity right? Im just afraid that the thing would have a tiny leak of air around the breach and that would cause the thing to become a plasic claymore in my hands the first time I fired it. Besides it doesnt snap open, so and its rather huge even the JR. It would also have a touch of milsim if it were m-79 like, it would have the pesonality of the blooper as Gunney Ermey would say lol. I plan on making the stock from scratch out of wood, if I dont like the wieght or want to have the 12 grams hidden inside, ill use the wooden stock as a mold for fiberglass stock and just paint it.

Any help would be appreciated. Havent seen good up close pics of those alternative paintball snap guns either, so if anyone has those that would be great too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.