paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: thanks ++ lol...

In Reply to: thanks ++ lol... posted by Peter__ Jones on November 24, 2003 at 20:02:38:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
T.J. "Mad Scientist for the Tiger Tank" Allcot
on November 24, 2003 at 21:51:21

: hey, yeah, glad to hear youre not disheartened over there!
Definitely not! breaking stuff is the proper way to go about engineering, although I'm pretty sure getting an engineering degree wouldn't hurt hahaha. One of the people I look up to a lot these days is John Carmack the guy who created Id software that brought us games such as Quake. These days he's splitting his time between that and building rockets with his new company Armadillo Aerospace who once said this in an interview:

"Our usual mode of operations is to wait for something to bend, then change the design so it won't happen again, as we did with the big vehicle legs that bent after the parachute drop test."

: quick q's:
: 1) pricing really that bad on aluminum?
I honestly don't know since I haven't really looked but I'm thinking it's going to take some custom work done by a machine shop to get what I want done in aluminum. That kind of work is simply beyond my capabilities right now.

: 4) scuba tanks.. how much they cost? permit to fill? and how do i rig fittings? standard? or weird?
They're about $120 brand new at the dive shop. The problem there is dive shops will only sell to certified divers. You might be able to sweet talk them into selling you one without having a dive card but it's probably doubtfull. One of my friends saw one at a garage sale for like $20 but something like that would probably need to be sent out to be hydro tested. I'm using the SCUBA fill stations to connect my tanks to the regs and I get most of my high pressure fittings at the paintball shop. The nice thing about SCUBA tanks is they're like $3 or $4 to fill. I've never needed to even tap into a second tank at an event for the cannon and truthfully have no idea how many shots you can get out of one. Although I've been assured by several people that it's more than enough for a typical event.

: 5) cussing. how is it that the H* word and the D* word are ok, but i say "carp" and it gets editied?
You'd have to ask Bill Mills about that hahaha.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.