paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

some more..

In Reply to: Re: thanks ++ lol... posted by T.J. on November 24, 2003 at 21:51:21:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Peter__ Jones
on November 26, 2003 at 17:47:02

ok, cool, thanks! and the scuba tank... pball places fill um? or do you have to go to a dive shop for that too?
scuba fill stations.. assuming hpa...?
also..
tank propultion question:
ok, wanted to use a bike engine (possibly) though wanted it to have skid steer capabilities.., and heard you need a car differential or differential of some kind to get it to work skid on one motor... this also looks to take up a lot of dead space cuz of the chain connection.... and not to mention shifting...

OR i could use like 2 snowmobile engines.. but problem with cooling? and not $$$ efficient..

OR 2 golf cart motors (elec.)
with this option.. was wondering how many batteries id want... and appx how long they'd last... (with a line to a motor for the turret, various led indicators, as well as an inverter taht would power a tv and a small video camera [more for sighting than driving.... im not stupid.. lol])
for weight/load issues.. ill go with an easy 1000-1500 lbs chassis and 3: 175 lbs ppl
like if 1 battery would last 45 min per motor (2 going at a time) then would i want like 4 or 6 or something? and just flip a big circuit breaker thing to swap out batteries being used?
also, could i run the valves off the main batteries? or would i need separate 9 v's for that?

oh, wehre can i get pool screen?

also, hellfire: caveman dude was sayin belw you guys use foam/sheetmetal.. how do you like it? better than ply wood? how do you do it? tj: saw you soin something similar with your new turret.. hows that done?

hmmm, what else...?

oh, dale, got that sim to work, thanks!

speakin of which...
ok, using that sim... the pilot valve is your standard, garden variety sprinkler valve, right? whats the other one? and, to achieve max feild limit velocities requires a smaller cannon than one that would look befitting a tank.. is there any way i can like add a full length "bore booster" thing that would go around the barrel, i guess like a shroud or something that would make it look a little longer, fatter and more intimidating? you know like on kelly's heroes? lol
"well, we got 86's on our shermans, but we put these pipes around the barrels and it intimidates our enemies, you know they thing maybe we got like 91's or something" [rough quote from donnel sutherlin ("oddball")

hmm,what else......

any word on those cheap pressure switches?

and if anyones making any recievers out of aluminum... my ears are pricked =D

ok, i think im done now... lol
thanks guys!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.