paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Newbie Need Advice To Buy Marker

In Reply to: Re: Newbie Need Advice To Buy Marker posted by paintballer86 on December 08, 2002 at 10:53:31:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
m98monkey
on December 08, 2002 at 11:06:58

Sorry if I accidentally did a double post. I am an air tech at a field, I dont' dare call myself an Air smith because I feel I haven't had enough training yet to do alot of major modification that I would like to learn to do. Anyway, I work on many guns at this field to say the least and I can tell you that tippmann so far has been the one we have had the most problems with. Piranha is the least problems and spyder is right in the middle. These are the major brands we see the most of. Tippmann, specifically the m98 and c98 have had a plague of cracked valves. The plastic body on almost everyone of our tippmann rentals has cracked atleast once. Though taken care of without question, that is time you are down and not playing. The spyder has a very good running record aroudn here, but has a problem with jamming when you chop. The bolt is milled to a very tight tolerance to the body. Feels oh so nice, but causes this problem. We recently switched to pirahna rentals, they come with 2 year warranty on all parts and a lifetime sear warranty, one of the hardest used parts of the gun. We have had low ball breakage, and one failure due to a choped o-ring. Easy fix, back in action in two minutes, only because I had to leave the field to get the o-ring. But, to be fair I will bring one thing to perspective. The tippmanns were also used weekly, up to two times a week for three months before they showed any signs of problems. The pirahnas are on their second month without failure. You might use it so much, but they did get proper maitenance and tippmann had no excuse, I think the plastic body doesn't cut it, because this also happened on my m98, my personal gun. Your choice, I recommend pirahna.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.