paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Newbie velocity help?

In Reply to: Re: Newbie velocity help? posted by PigTech on May 12, 2003 at 11:26:59:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
skip_16157
on May 12, 2003 at 14:03:04

Thanks for the help!. I will chronoghraph it this weekend. I have also ordered a new barrel (teardrop) since I have read alot of success with this. Thanks again.

: : How do I correctly set my velocity on my M98 custom?

: Before each day of paintball use, you MUST (this is not an option, it is a REQUIRED safety proceedure just as necessary as using paintball goggles) check your velocity with a chronograph to make sure it is below 300 feet per second.

: There is a hex screw head in the side of the gun - screwing it in lowers the velocity, screwing it out raises the velocity. You shoot, measure the velocity with a chrono, then adjust faster or slower, and shoot again. You'll want to get the velocity up around 280 ot 290, because the higher velocity means more range, but it MUST be under 300 fps - that's what goggles are designed to protect against - and over 300 fps, paint can break your skin on impact blowing bacteria under your skin causing infection and illness.

: You should NEVER play paintball with a paintgun that hasn't been chronographed recently (i.e. within the day, preferably within the hour).

: :I tried to sight in at 30 yards an my balls mostly break to the right alot. Is this a velocity problem or just the balls (Dick's Brass eagle's on sale). I am going to try a better brand of balls today and see if that helps. Either way I stiil do not know how to adjust the velocity correctly. Thanks

: It could well be a velocity issue, and or the paint, both. From about 295-320 or so paint, in my experience tends to hook more. That's why I try to adjust to 285-290, and not push the 300 fps boundary. Of course, paint that's been sitting on the shelf for a while in a sporting goods store, would definitely be suspect.

: See you on the field,
: -Bill Mills

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.