paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: Newbie velocity help?

In Reply to: Re: Newbie velocity help? posted by skip_16157 on May 12, 2003 at 14:03:04:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on May 12, 2003 at 16:59:03

Since I'm still a newbie and have a C98 with a 12" Teardrop barrel figure I might be of help for you there.

First off, I would go a step further than Bill on chroning. My recommendation from my personal experience for a stock C98 is to rechron at a mimimum of every 2 hours or 5 degrees in temperature change. I once chroned my gun with 10 shots ranging with a 268 to 289 range. 3 hours later (and about 10 degrees warmer) my speed with the same tank went up to 310-325fps on a 5 shot spread. I found out myself that temp makes a BIG difference with CO2.

To me, there is only two solutions. Chron a minimum of every 2 hours or 5 degrees temp change (more if needed), or spend the money on a good regulator. I bought a Palmer Stabilizer and since then all my shots have been between 272 and 288. Usually 277 to 284.

For the hooking... I've found that generally my gun shoots to the right a bit too. If I'm aiming (yes, I occationally aim), I visually offset my aim. If you bought another front sight and glued it to the right edge of your existing one.... that's about where I am. Keep in mind, that's me with a 12" Teardrop shooting PMI Big Ball in moderate, humid weather in Kansas. Your results could be different. Also, on my gun the more velocity I have, the greater the tendency to hook.

One last one..... in my situation anything made by PMI with the exception of Evils seem to fit my Teardrop great. Might want to try a 500 count bag of different PMI (and others) paint to experiment with your new barrel.
: Thanks for the help!. I will chronoghraph it this weekend. I have also ordered a new barrel (teardrop) since I have read alot of success with this. Thanks again.

:
: : : How do I correctly set my velocity on my

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.