paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: No Need unless you tinker

In Reply to: Hammers and Electro's posted by Relentless on January 25, 2003 at 20:43:04:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 26, 2003 at 09:31:29

First the electronic grips are electronically timed for their cycle firing rates. They are preset and designed to work with autocockers without special hammers. Otherwise they would come with the E blade order.

You can't anything mechanically to make them go any faster or slower such as changing the hammer or spring weights.

A stock autococker, I have been told can cycle faster than 15 rps. I KNOW they will do a measured 10+ rps cause I have a home made one that out ran my Revy. It was fast enough for me and without a fast, force fed hopper, I don't know what it will do.

Some of the people on Warpig have E Blades and I'm sure can tell you what theirs can do. Start shopping for a Halo or Warp Feed. Feeding it will be the issue.

The easiest way to try a heavier hammer is to replace the standard cocking knob with an oversized chunk of brass or steel rod with a hole tapped in through the center. Same as the cocking knob. Easy to add an ounce with the beavertail removed or remade to be an inch longer. Heavy enough?

Remember the cocking rod and knob is mechanically attached to the hammer AND part of the total Inertial MASS that is moving when the hammer strikes the valve stem.

You talked about the velocity consistency issue. Those are mechanical rather than electronic considerations. I've found that a highly polished hammer (not receiver) does WONDERS for velocity consistency. Just remove it, put the cocking rod back in and chuch the cocking rod nut in a drill press. Use some autobody polishing compound from Autozone, put it on a rag or sponge and it takes about 5 minutes to get that hammer shiney enough to see yourself in it. That will polish/wear your soft metal, receiver to be perfectly matched and just as smooth in due time.

Dale

: Ok I've put my order in for an E-Blade for my STO, I love those things, everyone who likes Electros should own an E-Blade Cocker,

: The question...I use the stock hammer, and I was considering buying a heavier hammer, there are a few on the market, anything to help consistancy, brass, stainless, tungstun too, now I see there are new light weight hammers for Electro Cockers, ugh oh! I want to gain all I can from the E-blade, the lesser weight of the hammer will increase the cycle time I would assume and I'm not as concerned with the cocking pressure to reduce ball chops as I'll have the ElectroEye to prevent hopefully all of those, so does anyone feel it is a true bennefit or will it hurt the consistancy at the chrono?

: Any comments are welcomed and to anyone with an E-Blade now if there is anything you have done to modify your setup since adding the E-Blade I'd like to know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.