paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

It makes NO difference

In Reply to: Oklahoma 2004 D-Day - Which side to choose? posted by Robuss on January 10, 2004 at 10:28:20:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 11, 2004 at 01:38:31

2 year Veteran.

If it is real important to be on the 'winning' side. Just sign up German. They always win because the Producer manipulates the game so they win every year. Tis a fact.

So NOBODY really earns a victory. Just points handed out for a 'win'.

Many of the German Multi Year Veterans are the local crowd that comes every year. They know the field and have a lot of experience on it. Many, not all, have also learned some very bad habits taught to them by the Producer. Mainly, No rules are enforced by the referees. If your are inclined to cheat, you can with impunity. The 'standard' for play has been getting lower every year.

EVEN this year, Allied players got frustrated and stepped into the gutter to play like the Germans.

Not one hand held chrono in a refs hand to address basic safety issues after number years of complaints about HOT German guns. Last year they were breaking HOPPERS and facemasks. WE personally took a ref to a tank and used OUR hand held and clock their machine gun at 455 fps! It was supposed to be 250 fps...

The ref told him to turn it down and let them drive off without making sure. We were outraged they didn't pull the tank out of the game! Total disregard for basic player safety. Per the Management!

If you really want to see some outrageous cheating during the night game, just be on the German side. Many of their Vets are bullet proof and have no problem going out of bounds and re entering the game illegally. They alway overrun the Alled base in short order.

If you want to NOT be hit by the NUMEROUS HOT Guns, definately sign up on the German side.

More than one fistfight over hot guns. It is getting to be really ugly in places and times.

It isn't a safe game. I wouldn't take a kid to it. We boycot the night game. No point. Not safe.

Now if you want to play with some classier players that play honorably and by the rules, then you might enjoy being on the 'losing' side and join one of the Allied teams.

You will notice a lot of Bull Manure at the game but if you understand who will win and how, you can still come with the right attitude, have fun and enjoy a unique experience in paintball.

But to help you decide:

Now the Germans take up largely defensive positions and try to hold and delay the Allied advance. All the missions have time limits to be accomplished by. So the Germans role is largely defensive in nature though they have NO problem making a good counter attack and driving the Allies back down a hillside.

Conversely, The Allies have to attack, attack, attack to make their mission points. Always on the move and pushing forward towards the objective.

So your style of play, defensive vs offensive might be a consideration.

2003 I was on the French Resistance. One piddily insignificant team of 40 players out of 3,000. Our job was to disrupt, confuse, delay, the Germans usual battle plan. All the Germans could do was complain about the French Resistance last year. We did our job! It was NOT business as usual for the Germans at the beginning of the game. Made them watch their backs for a change.
Our mission was to deploy before the Germans and to take up positions so we could snipe the snipers on the ridge overlooking what the Germans like to call the "Valley of Death" that the 82nd Airbourne has to fight their way down at the beginning of the game. That allowed the 82nd and some Ranger Units to be UP on that ridge with us and flank the German defensive positions from high ground. It worked...

2002 I was 82nd Airbourne. Literally dropped out of a 'plane' (60 person school buses) into an totally exposed field full of Germans shooting at us. The first wave were to secure the drop zone. Well, they where still trying when the second wave was dropped right in the middle of a firefight. I bailed out the door with a 5 man anti tank team and ran to the nearest cover that wasn't already full of Allied players. When I got there, I was the only player left on the anti tank team... Being an officer, I just informed my fellow foxholers they were my NEW anti tank team and said we were going to work our way towards the tank road and kill some tanks or die trying. They did, we did, they did, we did, and so on...

Then, the 82nd has to break out of the field and enter "The Valley of Death" They have to take 3 villages and secure / rebuild a bridge and hold it. German snipers on both ridges above us. Their ball GAINS speed comming at us and our ball won't even reach them. Only thing is to fight your way up one or both ridges and clear it of the snipers so the main body can advance through the minefields, trip wire bouncing bettys and Hundred of Germans in well fortified positions. It was a real good fight.

Haven't done it yet but the Normandy Beach attack sounds like a blast if you aren't allergic to hickies. Landing craft of sorts across the pond, Drop the front and charge into a hail of paintballs. Over and Over again until a toe hold is established. Then your turn it into a secure beach head and move inland taking your objectives.
I hear it gives you an appreciation what it must have been like when they did it for REAL and using bullets.

The other units I am less familiar with. They have cities and fuel depots to take or destroy. Bridges to secure and hold. etc. Airports to take and hold... etc. Just good firefights.

Now the way it all seems to work is they are running at least 6-8 seperate paintball games at a time. This Allied Division against that German Division on This area of the field. They have about half to 2/3 of the first day to accomplish their missions. If they get done EARLY they can go interact with the OTHER GAMES going on. A bunch of players out of no where can show up on your flank or backside and vice versa. When their mission time is over they are free to maneuver. Where ever the General wants to deploy them. So it gets kind of dynamic. Count on orders for a good hump going somewhere to find a firefight.

The night game is capture the base with lots of fireworks.

Sunday is a TANK on Tank battle. No infantry. Fun to watch the boys playing with their toys.

Then a big final battle.

So thats roughly how it goes.

NOW WE are Recuiting. WE have a plan in the works. Large groups of players that are Allied and organizing into units. Attached to all the available Alled units you can sign up for. They will be providing command structure and leadership for the other players in that unit.

WE need players in those units just to encougage the other players to stay as a cohesive fighting unit. When they say charge, YOU Charge and hope those kids next to you will follow you because you told them too. They always look around to see if anyone is really going to 'Charge'. You lead and hopefully they will follow.

We are The Militia, an organization of scenario players FOR scenerio players. Lots of experienced players bringing along the newer players. We have rank, special weapons units All sorts of information and resources for the scenerio player. Mostly a way to meet and hook up with other players at games like these. Makes it more fun.

Anybody, can e mail me for info: www.ddupont@charter.net

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.