paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Tank Rules

In Reply to: Tank Rules posted by mnsparky on October 29, 2003 at 23:18:56:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
D. "Fubarius" Johnson

on October 30, 2003 at 00:45:03

: Some groups in our area (including ourselves, the MN Militia - www.mnmilitia.com) are starting to build tanks and I have a feeling that there are some safety issues we may be overlooking. Thanks much,

: Chris

I believe I'm one of those "groups". I'm David Johnson, part time airsmith at St. Croix Paintball Supply. I was the one with the ATV based tank at the Giant Big game at SplatTag in September. And yes, I agree we need a clear set of rules. We were basically making stuff up as we went in September since neither the field nor I had done anything like this before.
I did a lot of research and it looks like a lot of the rules were rather regional. What works on the giant fields with large established road systems won't neccesarily work on the fields around us, with their considerably less forgiving terrain. There are some more set in stone rules for fields with certain insurance companies. I'll try and post those links tomorrow if you don't find them (getting king of late right now).

What I think we tank builders in the MN/Western WI area should do is before the next event that we'll be using a lot of tanks at we should have all the guys bringing tanks meet at the field a week or two in advance. That way we can iron out the rules, do some clean up on the field, scout out the trails we can actually fit our rigs on (driving a 5' wide tank down a 4' wide trail can be a problem, there's a reason my right wheel fender was missing), and make sure everything is all set up. I wouldn't worry too much about what other areas do. What works in Florida won't neccesarily work here. For example I know Darren (SplatTag guy) wanted to make sure anyone could take out a tank, and not require any special color paint or homemade equipment.

We'll have all winter to figure things out. Any idea when the next tank allowing game will be? I know it won't be the next Giant Big game. The next one is scheduled for the Hudson field at the moment and their lease prevents motorized vehicles off of the main roads (not to mention it's way to hilly and dense for even an ATV).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.