paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Why not?

In Reply to: more randomtricycle from me... haha posted by Peter__ Jones on November 23, 2003 at 12:50:42:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on November 24, 2003 at 13:38:16

: hey guys, just wondering about a few things..

: 1)whats avg recharge time on a cannon?
: for sake of argument... chambers 2" x 3' and air source is 1/2 full

2-3 seconds with the reg straight linked to the air resevior. The larger the resevior, the longer time it takes and more air is uses. You want to use Dave Halls Cannon Simulator to get your resevior to an optimum SMALLEST size for recharge rate and air efficiency. The one you listed is a BIG one..

For example: According to Dave Hall's simulator.
For a Nerf Projectile a 2" PVC x 10" long will generate 230 fps (field speed limits) out of a 36 inch barrel. That is at an operating pressure of 80 psi. Bigger is not necessarily better for air efficiency. Keep it efficient, light, maneuverable, cheap....
Website and usefull information at:

http://www1.iwvisp.com/thehalls/ggdt/
Not easy to download and install. Just e mail me for the files and instructions.

For my backpack mounted RPG.
5-7 seconds going through a long 1/8" hose, through a pneumatic switch, and back to the air resevior. Wanted to NOT be running around the field with a pressurized system on my back should I take a header and break it. I charge it when I see a target presenting itself.

: 2)if you paint pvc does it stay?

Not very well, scratches off very easily. I use Camo Duct Tape on my RPG barrel...

: 3)prices for regulators

I buy USED paintball pressure regulators I get them for $15-20. Let me know if you need one. I'm always on the look out. I have only one extra right now and I'm keeping it for a back up reg incase one goes down on me.

Found a possible source for NEW ones. I suspect they will have lower flow rates for recharging. But it takes me 5-10 seconds to reload anyway so that might be enough for me. Got one to try out. Have to rebuild it first. It is dead... Price was right...

Your standard pneumatic supply pressure regulators are NOT rated for 900 psi input pressure much less a CO2 tank on a warm summers day running at 1400 psi..

: 4)are the "tanks always have to be moving" rules good? or do they detract from the game

I think we should explore ways to CHANGE it. The idea was to keep a tank from camping on an insertion point, base, etc.

Well, that is EXACTLY how one uses TANKs tactically in the real world. And they should be accompanied by infantry when they do it offensively. Something that rarely happens in paintball.

We tried some DESIGNATED Stopping points for tanks at the Battle for Berlin. Addressed the camping at the critical points such as the enemys HQ and insertion points... Did allow the use to help take or defend critical bases for mission points.

Drawback was they should have had made PULL Through or Road Shoulder stopping points. Most required backing into or out of the designated spot with the gunner exiting the vehicle to make sure they weren't backing over someone accidently.
The neutral gunner drew a LOT of fire he shouldn't have received.

: 5)the setup atop the sherman, with the 2 procarbines, is that good? or would a guy get shot up without a chance? and i do mean open-air type setup, above a turret, not as a turret.

The un netted guy up top is STILL invunerable to small arms fire at most games. He WILL draw a LOT of fire anyway. Partly because the players didn't pay attention during the briefing and see an inviting target up there OR they DID pay attention to the briefing and are trying to blind his mask with paint so he can't SEE to shoot anyone....

I have a very good helmet for sale. Perfect for tankers like this. Chin strap, padded liner, SWAT team style. Too hot to wear during infantry play.... Used twice. Looks new $20 -Cost $40

: 6)paintball netting.. where can i get it? store? or do i have to go to a feild?

Don't know. Call your local field....

: 7)sounds like a lot of guys are going for auto markers on tanks... does the one trigger one paintball rule still apply? or can i make an auto setup..?

They often re-rig the triggers to fire remotely.
Expensive with reliability decreasing. The full autos are prohibited but you could rig a rate of fire in the 3-5 rps range that would be acceptable to many players and producers.

I have the schematic for one. Freebie. Cycles a solenoid to physically pull the mechanical trigger for me.

: mmmm think thats it for now, take it easy!

What?! No questions about projectiles and marking techniques?

I have some useful files, the simulator, etc. Just e mail me.

Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.