paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom

Re: response trigger

In Reply to: Re: response trigger posted by Clayphoto on October 08, 2003 at 10:15:52:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by:
gregh
on October 08, 2003 at 23:22:27

Response on a 98 c should be low on the list. I easily outshot the gravity feed hopped on my 98c without a response, but I digress. First upgrade on a 98 c should be the barrel. This is a no brainer will make gun quieter and more accurate. Next a power hopper is in line and get a good one as this is one of those pieces of equipment that can be kept and used as you change guns or upgrade the 98 to be faster. With all this I am assuming you have a good anti-fog mask(JT thermals at a minimum) and all other needed equipment(cleats, a good assortment of squeeges, goggle spray, all the allen wrenches you need etc...). I would also consider either a remote(also doubles as an exp. chamber), or a drop with an exp chamber. I could not believe hopw much more I liked my 98 C with a drop(it is my back-up gun and when I went back to it when the battery went dead in my Impulse I hated the CO2 tank sticking out the back). I also suggest a double trigger and lighter springs before a response. I guess personally I feel this way, if you want to put a response on a 98c buy an a5 with RT already on it and sell the 98c. The response on an a5 makes sense as it has the feed system in place and seems to be a natural for that upgrade. I would actually spend the extra $$ to get an ebolt over a response on a 98c. Just my 02

: I'll second that opinion. Only a few other thing I would add is if you're using a bottom line connection, I've found anti-siphone tubes to be a big help. Also using larger 16 and 20oz tanks help out.

: Also, I would consider upgrades outside of the gun that could help you more than a response. For example, I've seen people seen woods players get a better performance boost from getting a pair of comfortable cleats with good arch support than their new barrel. If your in hot areas, a good ice cooler and "Body Armour" shirts that whisk sweat off can be just as much help to a speedball player as the latest hopper system.

: Just things to consider!
: : I don't think the response trigger is worth it, it teaches you to spray and pray(bad) second it sounds like you have a 98c I would get a barrel first, palmer stabilizer second instead. also you will need a agitaded hopper with the responce trigger. also you will get the normal spikes on co2 when you shoot faster it is not necessarly from having the response, it is from shooting faster.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.