paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker

Re: Shocktech roller sear woes(?)

In Reply to: Shocktech roller sear woes(?) posted by Gotin_Drachenhart on August 11, 2003 at 21:41:05:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Posted by:
Frosty_

on August 12, 2003 at 18:19:15

: Has anyone had any issues with the ST roller sear? I just installed one along with a few other parts and, after a bunch of testing/tweaking and general troubleshooting. I have narrowed it down to the sear. I think it's simply not holding the hammer tight enough! The hammer rolls right over
it all the time.

I have a shocktech roller sear, and I had (past tense, everything works beautifully now) a similar problem.

First question: flat or rounded lug? Rounded lugs tend to ride over sears much more than flat ones.

The first thing I would check is the length of your cocking rod. There is disagreement regarding this, but if the cocking rod is too short (hammer lug goes over sear well before the back of the ram's travel), the hammer will be moving with enough force to ride over the lug. However, if the lug has only just cleared the hammer when the ram completely extended, the hammer does not have a chance to pick-up speed before it comes to rest against the sear, and should stay put.

Another thing to check is what is limiting the downward travel of your lug the "stop" as you called it. Stock hammers don't have any stops in them (you can screw the lug all the way through the hammer if you would like. What might be happening is the grip frame is not centered correctly, or the slot is not wide enough. I have a STO aluminum slider and filed the inside edges of the slot to prevent the sear from catching on the frame.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Autococker / Minicocker ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.